Des Moines | Inducted 2010 | Category: Professional Golfer
Jack Hall devoted 41 years of service to golfers in Iowa and to the game of golf. Hall became a pro during the Depression in the 1930’s and was the head professional at Waveland Golf Course in Des Moines until 1955. He moved to Hyperion Field Club and served as head professional there until 1973. He served as Iowa Section PGA President from 1949-1950.
Hall made his presence known as a player in Iowa winning the Iowa Masters three times (1944, 1948, and 1954). He also won the Waterloo Open in 1947.
Jack Hall was a very dedicated and encouraging teacher who touched the lives of many golfers in the state of Iowa and earned the respect and admiration of his peers in the profession.
- Waterloo Open Champion: 1947
- Iowa Masters Champion: 1944, 1948, and 1954
- Iowa Section PGA President: 1949 – 1950
- Iowa Section PGA Champion: 1964
- Three Time Des Moines City Champion
- Head Professional at Waveland Golf Course until 1955
- Head Professional at Hyperion Field Club: 1955-1973