First Time Event Participant
What to expect
Players will receive rules sheets, hole location sheets, and paper scorecards upon arrival to the events. At the end of each round, players will sign scorecards and confirm scores with group members and IGA staff at scoring.
- Practice Rounds: The IGA communicates with host courses about allocating availabilities for practice rounds. If you choose to play a practice round, contact the course directly and let them know you are participating in the upcoming tournament at their course. All practice rounds and associated fees must be covered by the player, not the IGA.
- Appropriate golf attire is required (e.g. no short shorts, blue jeans or blue jean shorts, midriff tops, tank tops, halter tops, sports bras, gym shorts, leotards, undershirts). Soft spikes are required for all IGA championships.
- Players will receive local rules sheets and hole location sheets prior to teeing off. Local rules sheets are specific to each course and event that we host. Hole location sheets will be updated and given out each day of the event. An example hole location is shown below.
- Players should first find their way to registration, often near the club house, to receive all necessary information pertaining to the event including where to pay for their cart (if they choose to use one) and where to pick it up from.
- Players can either bring their clubs down to the club house area or pick their golf cart up and take it to their car for convenience.
- All players are given access to practice facilities (Driving range, short game areas, practice green) before the round complimentary of the IGA, but practicing after the round must be paid for by the player.
- Please arrive to the first tee ten minutes prior to your tee time so you can meet your group as well as exchange scorecards and have any questions answered prior to play.
- During the round, there will be roaming rules officials on the course to assist with anything that may come up.
- After the round, make your way to the scoring table where you will go over scorecards with your group and sign your official scorecards.
- Once players have signed their own scorecard as well as the scorecard of the player who’s score they were keeping, they will be turned in and finalized.
“Throughout the years of playing in IGA events, I have created many lifelong friendships! The events are great for meeting new people and networking with other golfers from all over the state.” -Julie Buerman
“Being part of the women’s events of the IGA is awesome! The staff and volunteers who put the events on are hard working and friendly. The one thing I look forward to most when traveling to an event is the camaraderie of the women. Golf is the one thing that has brought us all together, but the relationships we have formed over the years has been the bond that cannot be broken.”-Michelle Klein
“I absolutely love playing in the IGA women’s events as well as other golf tournaments during the summer. I have enjoyed getting to know my opponents on a more personal level and becoming good friends with them. It is always a memorable experience.”-Kelly Nelson