Davenport | Inducted 2010 | Category: Club Professional
Jim Hasley has had a long and distinguished career as a club professional and has been named the Iowa Section PGA Golf Professional of the Year twice, first in 1985 and again in 2001.
Mr. Hasley served as the Head Professional at Emeis Golf Course in Davenport for more than 30 years and stepped down from that position at the end of 2001. However, he stayed involved by taking over the 9-hole Red Hawk Golf Course in Davenport and was a key figure in the development of The First Tee Chapter of the Quad Cities at that location. Hasley’s love of the game shines through when he is on the lesson tee with the kids of The First Tee program.
An indication of the esteem that Hasley has earned in his career is the fact that the Ryder Cup style matches held each year by the Quad Cities Amateur Tour between teams from Illinois and Iowa are named “The Hasley Cup Matches”.
- Iowa Section PGA Professional of the Year: 1985 and 2001
- Head Professional of Emeis Golf Course for over 30 years
- Iowa Golf Association Professional of the Year: 1985
- Program Director for the First Tee of the Quad Cities since 2001
- “The Hasley Cup Matches” are named in his honor for the influence he has had in the Quad City area
- Iowa Section PGA Junior Golf Leader of the Year: 2003