JUDY KIMBALL SIMON
Sioux City | DOB: June 17, 1938
Inducted 1993 | Category: Professional/Amateur Golfer
Judy Kimball’s career included success as an amateur in Iowa and as a member of the LPGA Tour for 20 years. As an amateur she place 4th or higher in the Iowa Women’s Amateur four straight years winning the title in 1958.
She played college golf at the University of Kansas and was a semi-finalist in the 1959 Trans-Mississippi and the 1960 Western Amateurs.
Judy decided to turn professional and joined the LPGA Tour in 1961. She won an event in each of her first two years on tour. Her victory in 1962 was a major – the LPGA Championship, and she received $2,300 for the win. She played the tour for 18 seasons and posted two more wins for total LPGA career cash of a little under $180,000.
1958 Iowa Women’s State Amateur Champion
1958 LPGA Waterloo Women’s Open – Low Amateur
LPGA Tour Victories: (18 Year Career on the LPGA Tour)
- 1961 American Women’s Open in Minneapolis, MN
- 1962 LPGA Championship in Las Vegas, NV
- 1966 Yankee Women’s Open (4-Ball) with partner Gloria Ehret
- 1971 LPGA Four-Ball with partner Kathy Whitworth
- 1971 O’Sullivan Open in Winchester, VA